Hi Sellfers! So you’ve created your store and now what? You’ve probably heard that half the impression of an online store is made from the photos. Therefore, you need breathtaking photos but on the other hand, you don’t want to exceed your budget. Most people would bet on pictures from the internet. Well, if that’s your case you need to read this article right away.
So let’s see what are dos and don’ts when using images from the internet
- It is good to use images from specialized sites. They offer a full variety of photos, graphics, videos and etc. which you can use for different kinds of apps.
- You better use images that show the essence of your business. Make sure that pictures and videos contribute to the creation of the site’s individuality and not just to be there because it looks better.
- Anyone who understands a bit of design will tell you that it’s preferred to have photos with the correct size, resolution, and orientation. Also, always choose photos with high quality.
- You need to be careful with what license the image is and how it can be used.
- We don’t recommend you to download pictures directly from Google. First, they may not be appropriate for your site at all, such as quality, size, and so on. And secondly, they may have copyrights. You must be aware that using unauthorized images can cause serious consequences.
- Do not choose too common photos. Still, you want to make your site noticeable and unique.
- Don’t try to fit an image where it doesn’t belong. For example, a portrait-oriented picture in a landscape-oriented location or vice versa.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to rename images. This way Google will understand what’s in the picture.
After reading this, you must be a little worried. Don’t be. Sellfer to the rescue. We’ve gathered some pretty interesting and useful sites from where you can download free pictures and videos and forget all your cares.
Other excellent resources for free videos are:
Now you are ready to create an amazing online store, without declaring bankruptcy.